List of Suggested Gun Changes

Talk anything about Combat Reloaded

List of Suggested Gun Changes

by UglyBasturd » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:10 am

Goals
Some weapons in the game aren’t good enough for the cost it takes to unlock them, with the exception of one particular gun. The purpose for these suggestions is to improve these weapons so they are not only more competitive, but more fun, and most importantly, worth the grind. I know the XM8 is said to be OP, but these changes offer such sigificant improvements that I'm afraid of making the last weapon worse by comparison, so I left it alone. I also kept in mind that the developer is busy on another project, so I try to keep these ideas as simple as possible so there’s not too much effort into changing these weapons. I did mention the exception, and I will explain when we get to it.

Please, if you have suggestions of your own, don't hijack this thread. Go make one of your own and have people comment there. Thank you. Feel free to ask questions about my suggestions and why I made them though.

M249
30 to 100 Ammo Clip
It should be able to hold 100 ammo before reload, like an actual LMG. Besides, the model makes it look like it can hold 100 bullets at a time. At 30 Ammo Clip and its current power it is no better than any gun before it, especially the FAMAS.

SVD DRAGUNOV
Make hip fire very inaccurate
Here is the exception I was talking about. Players treat this as a long range one-shot shotgun, which is too good even against the XM8. This change takes care of that problem. However, I’m not sure if that’s possible in this game since it seems that all guns have the same accuracy from the hip and zooming down sights. If this is not possible, here’s an alternative.

1.75 to 3 Fire Rate
Move slow

This suggestion removes the fighting capability of a shotgun user and forces the player to be more careful and stay away from enemies, or switch to their secondary. This also makes them easier to kill, if they miss the first shot. It sounds extreme, but it seems fair for this gun that kills with one shot.

UMP45
Low or no recoil
Unlocking it was disappointing because it’s the worst version of the FAMAS. Yes, you can see better with it when aiming down the iron sights, but the FAMAS is just too strong. I suggest a unique improvement for this gun and lower the recoil dramatically. Being able to stay on target easily is arguably a lot better than just making the gun kill faster, and a lot better than the FAMAS.

MG36
17 to 21 Damage
.0875 to .0975 Fire Rate
Move to LMG group

The MG36 kills about as fast as the MG4, but it has higher recoil and loses accuracy fast because of its fast fire rate, making the MG4 arguably the better gun. This change makes it the better version of the MG4, killing faster while being as easy to control, but easier to aim with. Also, it’s technically an LMG as far as my research shows, so it should be in that category, but this part isn’t that important.

SA80
30 to 50 Ammo Clip
Like the M249, the model’s reload magazine is supposed to hold more bullets. In this case, 50. It kind of needs those extra bullets too the way it’s pretty hard to land a hit with its iron sights.

P90
.1075 to .0925 Fire Rate
It’s worse than most guns in the game, which is bad for a gun that costs 7500 to unlock. Since the P90 is unlocked right before the XM8 it should kill almost as fast as the XM8, which is why I suggest it just shoots faster.