CR: Suggested menu and game patches

Talk anything about Combat Reloaded

CR: Suggested menu and game patches

by SuperFreak » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:44 am

Bearing in mind that this game has been 'abandoned', and yet the hopeful rumor of an update persists? What ever the plan is, these are suggested fixes to the game. Some should be easily patched, others not so much. The menu suggestions are based on the CR app, I don't know if the game in a browser behaves differently.

Registered name deletion (account) if unaccessed within at least a year. I am resorting to Player#### because a name sits unused for 2 years with less then 1000 points. Registered player option to delete (registered email required)

GAME MENUS(CR Windows game app)
----
Reduce window padding (blank space around edges). Primarily the top and bottom. Allow for more MAP and FRIEND slots. I think 12 instead of the current 8 MAP slots should work.
---
No MAP allows for more then 12 players, so upon map entry, and at TAB all players can be visible without need to scroll.
Mock up of new menu look:
---
Available rooms sortable by MAPname, GAMEmode, or # of players. If it's too hard to have FULL rooms moved to the bottom of scroll at least sorting by the other headers is beneficial.
---
Have weapon selections for each type cycle around to beginning again (after XM8 the right arrow click takes you back to first gun)
----
Customized window resolution activates at APPLY not after having to click 'P' for full screen, and the 'P' again to exit full screen which then goes to chosen window size. Hey kids! Widen your field of view and see that "PRO" to your left!
---
IN GAME
Change JOIN functionality. Clicking JOIN when on a team already exits the MAP entirely first then sends them back into the map. If too much of a drain on server cache then just exit the game.
---
Make all walls visible and/or impenetrable from both sides. This will stop cheat wall functionality. I can't code myself, but I think this is easier then adding extra walls and skins.
---
Add option to mute (not see) others chatter. Either individually (by way of clicking on their name in TAB menu) or ALL chatter.
(At first I thought a 'LOBBY' room to chat, but this isn't snapchat, it's a game where too much chatter is distracting. And there are enough places that young kids sneak online to chat. Don't make this one of those places)
---
Not allow CHATter (much like unregistered guests) if they have anyone muted, or just ALL muted.
---
Disable CHATTER function while in TAB menu. There is a bug that occasionally locks up the entire game window requiring Alt F4.
---
Fix player profile lookup when you click their name and select PROFILE, unless that is part of the reason we can't access profile settings.
Partial name search in RANK, its often to difficult to get all the unpronounceable names spelled correctly.
---
Allow us to hide our online presence (no green dot) to others unless we also have them friended.

If you read this far, I will let you in on a secret. I enjoy this game despite its problems, and my fascination with it became a school assignment. A project of my choosing, it involved a lot of game play, collecting snapshots, and video. The assignment was create a video walkthrough on a subject, and create a written portion (portions of my suggested fixes)

I chose videogames. A classmate did a video walkthrough of building a desk that included blueprints and step by step instructions.
My video was a quick walkthrough of the maps, highlighting some interesting tricks, like getting on top of Crab Shack and Mansion, or accessing the larger roof and 'sewers' of Rechport. I also detailed all the cheats I could, [i]some were extremely difficult to achieve others are just bothersome to do very often and players using them (names blurred).
No one in the class knew who was doing what, so after they were graded we were allowed to release them to YouTube, or where ever.

I was going to until I had a long conversation in game about this and was convinced I shouldn't. So done is done. There is no video show, besides whether it would be lagal or not. So other then what my suggested fixes reveal, I won't reveal anything to anyone except the developers or administration.
I discovered these 'treasures' on my own, and I am only a mediocre player on a 10 year old computer and laptop with WiFi. So shame on the 'PROs' who bounce around like monkeys with their trick shots, calling us NOOBS, this isn't Fortnite, and it isn't Mario Bros. You are the ones missing the whole point of a combat simulation. Try to get outside and enjoy the summer because the past year has been awful to everyone.

They call her - SuperFreak
SuperFreak

Re: CR: Suggested menu and game patches

by NAV1 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:14 am

combat reloaded is a game that I started playing since 2017, the best game I know, I love that game more than the others, it has excellent graphics and perfect sensitivity, your opinion is very good, I like it, I hope it will be updated soon. ;)

by SuperFreak » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:26 am

Thank you Ali for playing CR1 and speaking with us players there. I know the graphics don't compare to other games, but it is enough to make it playable and remain a fast paced game without complicated graphics slowing it down.

I hope the absence of Port Acaba from the game means it is being patched, and that they can do this for additional maps, possibly replace some rarely played maps with new ones, placing them in the 'Create Room' line up first, so others will discover them quicker.
SuperFreak

by Tactics » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:16 am

:D
Site Admin

by ZAEEM33333 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:19 pm

Tactics wrote::D

New maps :OOO

by skystriker » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:29 am

Can someone please explain to me the reason why Port Acaba room was removed from the game?

by western12 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:37 pm

yeah I would like to know as well

by Player1953 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:00 pm

Those aren't new rooms Tactics, screenshots of Adoz and Towers.. awesome FPS though.

Port Acaba is gone? Good, too many 'pro' players using glitch anyway. Good riddance.
Player1953

by Player1953 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:28 am

Player1953 wrote:Port Acaba is gone? Good, too many 'pro' players using glitch anyway. Good riddance.

Cheaters also using a similar glitch in India map as well. Take it DOWN!
Player1953

by western12 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:38 am

NEVER! don't take it down

Next